In order to commence your driving instruction, you must first ensure the following legal requirements are met:
- Apply for your DTT (Driver Theory Test) Visit www.rsa.ie or use the link at the bottom of the page.
- Having passed your DTT obtain your Learner Permit. Apply at your local NDLS (National Driver Licence Service) Office.
- Choose a registered ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) ie Bernard (Tony) Mulvaney. (Please note that any person whose Learner Permit was issued on or after 04th April 2011 are legally required to ungergo 12 EDT (Essential Driver Training) Lessons.)
- You can only apply for your Driving Test on completion of your 12 EDT Lessons (where applicable) and having held your Learner Permit for a period of at least 6 Months.
- A driver with a Learner Permit is Not permitted to drive without a full driving licence holder present and that driver must have held their full licence for a minimum of 2 years.